Saturday, August 17, 2013


 I was planning on doing some reviews, but the day has taken a turn for the worse. I'm feeling inspired to discuss depression. How it feels to suffer from anxiety, sadness, low self esteem, & how do you deal with these feelings of despair. Do you self medicate, take a prescription, exercise & eat right? Whatever I'm doing doesn't seem to be working (read nothing), but I have learned in a Psychology class that journaling for twenty minutes a day can be as effective to treat depression as prescription drugs. For me, having depression/anxiety feels like there is this wall between me & the rest of the world. Sometimes I am free to have fun & socialize with others. Sometimes I am completely isolated, & nobody understands why I can't interact with them, especially my children.  I literally feel unable to speak at the worst of times. Other times, I will spend as much as 24 hours crying, along with being denied the sweet embrace of sleep's escape. I can't find anybody else attractive, least of all myself. I don't know what helps. I am struggling through this along with the rest you. I want to hear what it's like for you! Please share in the comments.
TTFN, Beccah.

2 comments:

  1. Lexapro works wonders. I have highly suicidal depression, and it is by far the best anti-depressant I've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Combine Lexapro with therapy and you have a winning combination. Sometimes it really is best to take it to the experts.

    ReplyDelete