Friday, August 23, 2013

Do You Hoodoo? Pt.1

  I am into interesting looking things. I love fancy little boxes & jars, pretty perfume bottles, and basically anything that looks out of the ordinary.  I collect perfumes from LPMP & hoodoo oils especially. I like LPMP's perfumes so much because I know that somebody made them with their own two hands & expertise. They didn't come rolling off of an assembly line. When you order a private edition, that means that the proprietor makes that specific bottle of perfume oil just for you. How neat! It also helps that I'm friends with the owner, Mara Fox; I know that she is a generous & kind human being, who gives back a lot of the income she makes toward making the planet a better place. This takes me off track from the matter at hand though.  http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/ has released their 2013 Spell Collection, based on traditional Hoodoo recipes & this has inspired me to blog about good old fashioned Hoodoo oils.
 Traditionally, hoodoo oils are chunky, like the Lucky Mojo Curio oils in the first picture. They smell nice, but they aren't perfume, so the smell fades rather quickly. Over the last two years, I have really gotten into Lucky Mojo Curios oils http://www.luckymojo.com/catalogue.html . They look cool, they smell nice, & they work! The staff at that company have the ability to pack a large wallop of intent into their 1/2 ounce bottles. Unfortunately, I didn't have a great experience buying directly from them. I guess they were in the middle of a staff restructuring & their shipping was CRAZY slow. I have been acquiring their oils from other sources, & regardless of their shipping capabilities, their oils are the gold standard for true Hoodoo oils currently available in the market place. Taking that into consideration, when I have funds available, I will be scooping up their 12 oil deal! So far I own 12 of their oils; including Money Stay With Me & Crown of Success. I got a few others for personal uses that I'm not really comfortable discussing, but they all work for me. The fact that I own 12 & I'm looking to acquire another 12, for starters, should tell you something, anyway.
 Normally hoodoo oils are chunky, the bottles contain various herbs, roots, minerals, & etc. that are appropriate to the intentions of the formula. They may also be dyed a corresponding color. (I love when they lightly color a formula, it looks pretty to me.) Perfume & essential oils may also be added if it benefits the work that the oil is intended for. Don't get suckered into buying the cheap synthetics, as I have before! I have a bunch of oils, in 1 dram bottles, that I won't be using anytime soon. They're nothing but mineral oil, perfume, & dye. I can't even add them to my loose incenses because they smoke black. I won't name the brand, but it's not hard to find them & they're very low priced. Just stay away, those kind of oils are cheap for a reason.
 

2 comments:

  1. I have to disagree with you about the Anna Riva oils. Sure it's a good idea to add herbs and to pray over them, yes. But I've had pretty good success with them just plain.

    The Seven Sisters oils, however, are pure crap. I have had some luck with some of the indio oils, but I've had to add herbs to them.

    'I also have a number of Lucky Mojo oils as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if they work for you, that's all that really matters. I still wouldn't suggest them to inexperienced practitioners, or anybody really, based on my lack of success with them. It might be because I really don't feel the boost of energy from dye, mineral oil, & synthetic fragrance? For those in need of an oil on a limited budget; I would just go to the kitchen cupboard & grab the olive oil (with prayers to direct it's function, of course). With that out of the way, I won't entirely disparage synthetic fragrances. Commercial perfumes have been known to work a certain magic all their own.

      Delete