Monday, August 26, 2013

Do You Hoodoo? Pt.2


'11/'13 Spell Collections www.lovepotionperfume.com
  I don't think you can see in the picture, but I lined up the Spell Potions from the '11 collections next to the '13 potions that have similar intents. From left to right; Love Drawing('11)/Smitten Kitten('13), Mojo Oil('11)/Whisker Wishes('13), Jinx No More('11)/Black Cat Hex Breaker('13), Lady Luck('11)/Lucky Dog('13). You'll have to hit their website for detailed description of what each potion is intended for.
 When you get your package from Love Potion, they send a bookmark with instructions on how to use their perfume oils, the perfume bottles & samples also come in very nicely beaded, shimmer style favor bags. Love Potion makes perfume, so there Hoodoo based LEs are not going to be in the traditional style of Hoodoo with corresponding herbs, minerals, & etc. that's usually thrown into the bottles. They do not use synthetic fragrance oils, however, & the master bottles are empowered w/a big dose of intent. In my experience, these are great & I'm very excited to try the August/September sampler sets I just received.
On the left are a couple of the oils I purchased from Conjured Cardea. They smell nice & work well to anoint candles with, but they smell metallic when I add them to my loose incenses. Actually, the Love Potion perfume oils are the only ones that smell nice when I add them to loose incense cones. Anyway, Moma Sarah (the proprietor of http://conjuredcardea.indiemade.com/  & http://www.zibbet.com/ConjuredCardea ) is very nice & she offers a 20% discount to single mothers. On the right are a couple of the Lucky Mojo oils I own. Those don't smell very nice added to incense either, but they do last a bit longer on my skin than CC's do. Although they still don't have the staying power of perfume. 6-24-14 Update! Man, the Conjured Cardea oils pack a wallop. I hadn't paid much attention to Bewitching, as I was focused on using Queen B*tch (for various reasons). Anyway, the Bewitching oil from CC is fracking crazy! I swear it's like spiritual photoshop or something. People are indeed bewitched by me when I wear it. I think every woman should have this condition oil in her arsenal, if old fashioned conjure oils are your thing ;)

8 comments:

  1. Dear Beccah,
    I love your posts, thank you for them :)
    Can you just tell me is Road opener from other brands as good as Lucky mojo's?
    (I'm new at this ;)
    Thank you!

    Niv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have experience with Love Potion, Lucky Mojo, Anna Riva, & Indio brands of Road Opener oils. The first company's Road Opener was limited edition & no longer available. Lucky Mojo is the gold standard in traditional hoodoo oils. Wisdom Products house brands of hoodoo oils (Anna Riva & Indio) tend to be junk as far as using them for magical purposes, you may get some color correspondence benefits from their synthetic oil/synthetic fragrance/dye combo, but that's about it. I have heard good things about Conjured Cardea on Etsy & have a couple things from her, but not the Road Opener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beccah, thank you for introducing me to Lucky Mojo!
    I have made one order so far and have been studying the site and learning so much about spells and spell oils. The first spell I ever did was one with their Road Opener (not for me, for a friend) and I must say I am amazed at the results! It did take the three months to completely show results but it worked amazingly well. I actually forgot that I even did the spell and when I realized that what was going on in his life could be attributed to that spell, I was shocked!
    I am doing a bottle spell for myself now that I learned on the site and have just finalized my list to put my order in for the 12 oil special!

    Thank you again for your expertise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that the info was useful to you! I'm with you on the 12 oil order, I keep meaning to get in an order in for some, myself. I definitely suggest you get some Look Me Over & Blessing oils.

      Delete
  4. I'd like to update that my shop, Conjured Cardea, can now be found here;
    http://conjuredcardea.indiemade.com/
    http://www.zibbet.com/ConjuredCardea
    Thank you for including my oils in your post! Bless!
    Moma Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I will edit in your new links as soon as I get the chance,
      Blessings, Beccah

      Delete