Thursday, September 17, 2015

Skin Actives Update


  

  Pictured above is my latest order from Skin Actives, at www.skinactive.com Liquid Rainbow-left ($12.50), is a moisturing lip treatment. I tried it before, when it was available in the lip kit that came with the Lip Collagen serum in trial sizes. I liked it before, but I didn't care for it being in a squeeze tube because it would leak & end up all over the cap. I hadn't reordered it since, but my lips have become a situation since I forgot to apply sunscreen before spending all day at the Iowa State Fair w/ the fam. In addition to this lovely farmer's tan, my lips have become chronically dry. Liquid Rainbow is ultra moisturizing thanks to the Liquid Crystal base (which derives it holographic sheen from cholesteryl nonanoate) & high quality antioxidants added to the formula. Fortunately the full size is  offered in a convenient lip-gloss container. I don't feel the need to incorporate the Lip Collagen serum, because I already buy SA's Collagen serum in bulk so adding the lip variant seems redundant.  UV Repair cream w/ booster-right($25 for 2oz) is designed to repair sun damage & combat signs of aging. I tried UV Repair cream when I first began using SA, but the smell was really strong & I didn't want to continue using it. I was getting such good results from the other formulas that I was using, that I really didn't see the need to use something that I found unpleasant smelling. Again, that trip to the fair has reorganized my skincare priorities. Much like SA has revamped the UV cream. The really strong smelling ingredients are now offered separately as a booster. I considered not ordering that, but I'm willing to do what it takes to fix the damage I incurred. 
 Well I started off the spring/summer skincare season using SA's Firming Collagen cream, & 4% DMAE serum. Both are excellent for firming the skin & tricking people into believing that you're much younger than you truly are. I would probably have reordered the Collagen cream if not for the sunscreen debacle. The update is that I began using SA products in 2012, & I'm still using their product's as key components of my skincare regimen. I switch up the products I order, but I always reorder the Collagen serum, Vitamin A cream (night), & Bright-I cream. The products in the SA catalogue are comparably priced to drugstore lines, & contain more actives than high end brands, along with free education via their website. Their customer service is excellent, & the company makes your items to order. Why is this important? Because active ingredients like marine collagen, peptides, & etc. have about a 6 month shelf life utilizing refrigeration. I love this company's skincare products because I get great results for WalMart prices. Vive SkinActives.com!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great review Beccah! We will be featuring it and this blog post in our newsletter tomorrow! Hope it gets you some more followers :)

    ReplyDelete