Tuesday, September 15, 2015

NYX Slide On Lip Pencil review pt.2

My order came today, yay! Of course I had a camera fiasco last week, so I did the best I could taking photo swatches via my tablet's cam. Here they are:
The colors are rich & true to the descriptions. Sugar Glass was described as a yellow toned brown (beige), in the neutrals category. Nude Suede Shoes was described as a pink toned neutral (beige). Both of these are exactly the colors as described. All of the Slide On Lip Pencils apply very smoothly with good color payoff, & are matte. These are really reminding me of the original formula CG Smoothers lipliners. (If only they would resurrect my holy grail CG Smoothers liner in Sleek Teak, a mauve toned taupe!) In comparison to Urban Decay's Glide On lipliners they're not as dry & Nude Suede Shoes doesn't pull orange on me like Naked & Naked 2 did. They do come off fairly easily with Garnier's makeup removing lotion cleanser, but they don't smudge very much when I directly wipe them with my fingers. Price points:  NYX Slide On Lip Pencil $7.99(Ulta); Urban Decay Glide On Lip Pencil $20 (everywhere). I don't care about the difference in price points, even if both these lines were priced at the more expensive $20, I would still prefer NYX's color range. This is not because I have anything against Urban Decay, I actually really love the UD Ozone Primer Pencil along with the Super-Saturated lip color pencils (discontinued). I also do not care for NYX's High Voltage lipstick line. I ordered French Kiss based off the swatch & description of being a cool toned pink. It was neither of those things! More like neon peach, yuck. My point is that every makeup company can have hits or misses. I feel like the Slide On lippies are a hit for NYX.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatches! I've been wanting to pick these up but this is the first swatch post I've seen of them! Xoxo, Ozzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I know I was searching all over the place for reviews before I bought these, but there were none to be found. Glad I could help.

      Delete
  2. Hey I really appreciate your review! Could you let me know if Nude Suede Shoes is more cool toned? I have warm toned skin and am looking for something to use with my peachy pink shades:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go with Sugar Glass, Nude Suede Shoes leans more pink.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete