Monday, September 14, 2015

Real Techniques How Could You???

  I don't know who to blame this on. Real Techniques was doing great until the last year or so. I hadn't purchased a brush that I didn't like from RT until 2014. Of course there were some brushes in my kits that weren't getting as much love as my daily used favorites, but now it's happened. I've gotten terrible brushes from Real Techniques; the silicone liner brush. It's a pointed silicone tip that's supposed to be excellent for gel liners, but I hate it. It does not glide gel liners evenly onto my lashline as promised. It skips & drags them along, unpleasantly & unevenly as possible. Here's a pic of the offending party($6), courtesy of RealTechniques.com
Now,  let's talk about the Bold Metals flat contour brush 
@$26, this was not a cheap mistake for me to make. The handle is plastic (not metal), it's way too long, & feels weighty in the hand. I often end up banging the handle into my makeup mirror. The brush is very densely packed, but it doesn't blend out contour very nicely. I've got a lot of makeup experience under my belt, & I'm getting the sense that more isn't necessarily better when it comes to packing the bristles into brush heads. Especially when making them so dense, counterintuitively makes the brush heads too firm. I want a precise contour, but I want the brush to work with me, not against me....  Here's to hoping that I have better luck with IT's new Contour set (from their Ulta line).

No comments:

Post a Comment