Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Finally!!!

 I was in WalMart grocery shopping; so of course I had to pop over to the cosmetics aisle & see if there were any new must have items. Of course, what do I see??? Maybeline's dupe for the UD Naked eyeshadow pallette: The Nudes pallette.
  At my local WalMart it's retailing for $9.98. It caught my eye due to the sleek packaging & the fact that I've been looking for a reasonably priced UD Naked pallette dupe for quite some time now. I know Nyx has a few options, but honestly I wasn't tempted to spend any money with them because the quality of their eyeshadows can be iffy. Actually, I feel that way about a lot of Nyx products. I think Nyx spends more money on packaging then content. Back to Maybelline; I love Maybelline's eyeshadows, I wear them way more then my high end stuff. On a daily basis I usually reach for my Expert Wear Designer Chocolates quad as it's a universally flattering, neutral pallette of purple leaning browns. Granted they're not as pigmented as UD. Unless you use a primer, but when you do use a primer with them, you can get up to 24 hours of wear out of them. I swatched each one of the eyeshadows & the lighter matte shades seemed a bit chalky & not very pigmented, but I have that problem with Nyx's pale matte shades as well.
 I'm not going to list the colors, because I'm not this kind of blog. I will just say that I think The Nudes pallette is going to knock Designer Chocolates out of my eyeshadow top spot. ~Blessings, Beccah~




No comments:

Post a Comment