Sunday, February 23, 2014

Makeup Hacks

  I was going over my last post on beauty, & I thought of a few other things that I would've liked to have fit into it. The thing is, these little tricks aren't budget savers per say. They're more along the lines of how to get the most out of your makeup. Other women chuckle at a couple of the things I do, they seem like little quirks, but my little quirks actually do make cosmetics go on better, & make them easier to work with.
 Quirk 1. For thicker concealers, thicker eyeshadow primers (think Urban Decay), & mascara; I like to keep the tubes somewhere at body temp. until I need to use them. The easiest place for me to do that is in my bra. I warm up my IT Cosmetics concealer while I'm applying foundation, use it, & then place the next item I want at body temperature in my bra, until I'm ready to use it. This is simple enough & this makes these products much more user friendly.
 Quirk 2. Always have a paper towel, napkin, or tissue on hand for blotting/wiping. This is ridiculously easy/obvious, but grabbing something to blot the end of your mascara wand, wipe your powder brushes off with, & wipe the concealer off of your hand with is also something that can be easily forgotten.
 Quirk 3. My makeup mirror. It's fancy looking, & it was under $20. I've discounted the necessity for magnification for a long time in my makeup routine, but really a two sided makeup mirror is necessary to get the level of polish I've come to expect from my cosmetics. This goes beyond plucking my brows. Being able to actually see the exact spot I'm placing an individual lash is a must!
Quirk 4. Disposable paint pallets. Love these for my loose powder, loose eye shadows (giving you the side eye, Nyx Ultra Pearl pigments), & various other uses.
Quirk 5. I like my brushes & sponges to be fresh & clean each time that I use them. The exceptions are my eyeshadow brushes. I will get lazy about cleaning those if I'm using the same eyeshadow quad for a couple days in a row. The BEST soap for cleaning my makeup tools, that I have found so far, is Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil liquid castille soap. I love Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps for cleaning my house, myself, & I've even used it for laundry when I ran out of detergent. Anyway, tea tree is oil is fantastic for killing off fungi & bacteria, so that's why I use this variety to wash my face tools with.
 Well, I hope there's some useful info to be had in this post,
Blessing, B

No comments:

Post a Comment