Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weekly News

  I'm currently testing a few products that Jonotan over at Skin Actives sent with my last refill order of their Collagen serum & Bright-I cream. I will have my results posted in 2 & a half more weeks. I have to comment about the Love Potion '13 Spell collection. Thus far Glamour Puss is my favorite from the collection of 20 samples I received a couple of weeks back.
  Since there aren't any fixatives in Love Potion fragrance products, I'm usually crossing my fingers that what I love in its sample vial, remains unchanged when it combines with my body chemistry. I was a little scared for the first 5-10 minutes of wearing this. The orange & rice notes had taken over & were projecting the delicious aroma of Fruit Loops. I persevered through this phase & I was rewarded with a grown up sweet & citrus-musk type scent. I really like these kind of scents in general, but this one makes me feel extra glamorous. I don't care if my husband can't tell the difference between my many, many perfumes featuring grapefruit, I went for it & ordered 2 bottles of this one.  Does it matter to me that my husband will smell this & comment that "he's smelled that before," or that I will probably have to be buried with my massive perfume collection, like an Egyptian pharaoh? No, & if I get the chance, I will probably buy at least two more bottles of this perfume.
 In other cosmetics news; I've converted to a Beauty Blender believer. The sponge is worth the freaking money. Don't fight it, just research, look for coupons, & buy it, because resistance is going to be futile. The only liquid foundation that doesn't want to completely cooperate with the BB, is my beloved (discontinued) Boots No.7 Lifting & Firming foundation. Fortunately, using my Real Techniques Flawless foundation brush, THEN blending it out with the BB netted me the perfect finish that I was getting with my other liquid foundations. I also wasted my time & tried out Lancome's CILS Booster XL mascara primer. It doesn't really do much of anything but make my lashes clumpy. I tried it with almost every mascara sample that I had, so I know the clumping wasn't a fluke. I took it back to Sephora after testing it out with five different mascaras, including Lancome's Hypnose Star. I always cheat on L'Oreal's Double Extend Beauty Tubes, only to return, poorer & no better off than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment